Sunday, October 14, 2012

A Day With My Insects.

Credits: Jon Chan

How did your weekend went, lovelies?
I missed blogging so much i'm putting the projects on hold until i'm done with this. 

It has been long enough since i wanted to show and tell you guys about my insect top. The yellow vintage top that i dug from the American Vintage  store in Pasadena(LA) is one of the tops i would never ever give or throw away. The furtherest it would be from me would probably happen when my future daughter ransack my wardrobe and finds herself falling for the same top that her mother did in her youth. Only then would i consider lending it to her for of our mutual love for cross-stitched insects.

The vibrant colored threads that the (unknown) designer from the vintage era chose for the insects to be cross-stitched on the yellow banana+mustard(on the ikea hot dog) are so simple yet detailed. Cross-stitching reminds me of a moment in my childhood when i wanted to cross-stitch an elephant pencil case for my dad and give it to him as a birthday present in a particular year. I brought my cross stitch pouch everywhere i went and i did it on the bus, in the cab and whenever there was an advertisement break between my 7pm to 10pm television program break.

 However, after all the effort, all the time spend and the many 24th October that has passed, the potential pencil case is still in my old cupboard. It is/was disappointing because the only reason why i never gave it to him was because i did not know how to sew the corners such that it'd look like a pencil case. Besides, my mom never knew how to sew so i never went back to it. By the time i knew how to sew, i was old enough to realize that it was a gay idea so i dropped it...

Moving on to the bell pants inspired from the sixtiesssssssssssss made in the twentiessssssss and produced by forever twentyoneeeeeeeee. Yes, be surprised my friends, beautiful things can be found anywhere as long as you keep your eyes open. The only problem i had with this pants is the length… It is obvious that it wasn't designed for asians with short legs like me. Thankfully, with my ASOS 4-inches sandals, the pants were able to hide my toes and not cause me to trip over any excess materials. 

Oh how blessed i am to have pants that could hide my ugly toes yet give me an unproportionate long legs, which i would never achieve in my whole life without the bell pants.


Before i sign off, i wish all of you a purposeful week ahead~

Scarf: from India,  Necklace & Yellow top: Vintage, BellPants: Forever21, Bag:BetseyJohnson




CHEESE(;



No comments:

Post a Comment