Saturday, September 15, 2012

La Soirée Blanche

I would say that last weekend was a pretty unusually enjoyable one for me. The PARCO next NEXT AW12 preview was really inspiring and fresh and i was completely snared by the collections produced by a couple of designers. But before i spark anymore excitement for tonight, i must apologise for my careless mistake for not bringing my camera out that day. Besides, with a non-techie nokia N97, i felt absolutely helpless that day. I would have a lot to show and tell right now if i weren't that careless but i promise i'll talk about my favorites really soon. I had a back up plan, so please don't be too disappointed and be patient with the ninja turtle.

Back to the purpose of today's post, La  Soirée Blanche, a fashion show collaboration with SPF(SpunkPunkFunk) and RDI(Raffles Design Institude) for the local children's charity. It was an entertaining night with VJs like Roger Poon and Abigail Chay, models that rocked the show with dramatic make-up and vociferous apparels, just the SPF attitude.

Although, i was there to help to run the event and document the show, surely less comfortable than being an audience, i had a pretty good time interacting and getting hyped up with the models. It was quite an exposure for myself because it was officially my first time leading a group of people(students and models), with two other friends, to work together for a show. 


Anyway, below are a couple of pictures took with my 'little flash' camera in a dark place meant for dancers and not small scale photographers like me. Thank goodness for Andrew's external flash which was more suitable for the lack of lighting in ZIRCA but i sort of wasted the function of the external flash because i wasn't a bit familiar with such bulky device. Besides, i never knew holding a camera with an external flash in my hands would cause my weak arms to ache so much. 



Without further ado, go on and scroll wheel down the post. I wish you lovely people a blessed weekend!






CHEESE(;

No comments:

Post a Comment